A multi-skilled, Electrical and Mechanical Coordinator with an proven record of Project Managing installations, maintenance and servicing of commercial and industrial equipment in third-world countries. All works carried out to total customer satisfaction, within budget, specifications and strict timescales. Also possesses a multi-cultural business approach throughout EMEA. Now looking to make a continued significant contribution for clients on short or long term projects (own team available if required) as an International Site Supervising Engineer / Coordinator.
C.V. Derick Kinnear
INTERNATIONAL PROJECT ENGINEER, BUSINESS DIRECTOR
• Project Management - Site Leadership - Customer Satisfaction •
Areas of Expertise
- Operational Management
- Business Development
- Contract Management
- Trouble Shooting
- Problem Solving
- Onsite Project Management
- Leadership, Supervision
- Budgeting / Reducing Costs
- Portfolio Management
- Client Management
- Procurement Negotiations
- Resource Management
- Quotations and Tenders
- Risk Management
- Quality Assurance
Professional Experience and Significant Achievements
- Operating my own agency, with a difference. As clients do not want to hire staff on a permanent basis we hire out whatever staff clients need for their specific requirement on short to long term projects.
- Completed a diverse range of projects for clients, from the
installation of a complex contact lens manufacturing machine
(Johnson & Johnson) to Airport baggage handling systems, (Vanderlande
industries) Automatic parcel system (Nike) supervising and
installing a Bottling plant new line in South Africa and
AS AN INTERNATIONAL SITE SUPERVISING ENGINEER (Oct 09 - Present).
For Various Worldwide Clients: (Projects on-going for Vanderlande Industries – Veghel The Netherlands);
1. Supervising the installation of automated material handling systems in distribution centres, express parcel sorting facilities and baggage handling at airports in EMEA regions using local contractors.
2. Installing a bottling line for mineral water, filling system and injection moulders. Also co-ordinating this project, giving advice and guidance to 2 onsite engineers. Negotiating with the client.
3. Installing a crusher plant in South Africa, with all equipment imported from China. Project Managed from conception. This is a multi-disciplinary project (construction, electrical, plumbing, mechanical etc). Manpower includes 3 Engineers (1x Electrician, 1x Builder and 1 x Civil Engineer).
- Projects for Vanderlande in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Schiphol Airport, Romania, and Belgium.
- Coordinating all projects on-site and disciplines (i.e. Software, electrical, mechanical etc.).
- Liaising with clients and signing off project as to clients’
specifications and satisfaction (Quality Assured).
AS AN INSTALLATION, TESTING ENGINEER , SUPERVISOR AND COORDINATOR (May 08 - Sep 08)
For Client: Johnson & Johnson Ireland;
- Installed 3 highly advanced production lines for a division of Johnson & Johnson in the Pharmaceutical industry, (the manufacturing process involves several integrated automated cells including injecting moulding, fill & assembly, hydration, automated vision inspection, sterilization, and packaging.
- Coordinated the clients’ Software Technicians, Electrician and Mechanical Engineers, PMs and my own technicians.
- Assisted with installation/IO testing; Teach/Adjust/Setup; Installation Qualification; Engineering Runs; OQ/PQ.
- Rectified problems and wrote associated documentation.
- Carried out FAT & SAT tests and, corrected SAT machines to
Physical Vapour Deposit (PVD) machines.